Speaking is a means to move people to action. That’s why all my talks and workshops are practical and applicable to real life. Favourite topics are:
- Work from home/remote work, with special emphasis on how to maintain a (kind of) healthy boundary between work life and personal life (and not end up hating your kids in the process).
- Customers support as a growth strategy instead of a cost center
- Empathy in tech support a.k.a. how to take your customers serious
- Remote leadership / support leadership
- Pragmatic minimalism and productivity for people who don’t have time for BS (“you need a system” thinking)
- Diversity in action: why your company needs more than English in your communiation, more then male brains in your product, and more than hetero-normative family values in your culture
Customer support for WP plugin authors (Spanish)
WordCamp Gran Canaria – February 2018
Survival Skills for Working Moms (Spanish)
1er Congreso de Productividad Personal, online – October 2017
Top 5 Q&A around leadership and customer support from the Watercooler AMA
Summary post from an async 48 hour AMA hosted by TheWatercooler.io
Customer Feedback – Are You Really Listening?
Support Driven Exposition, Portland OR – June 2017
MultiLanguage WooCommerce Stores
WordCamp Europe, Paris (France) – April 2017
Minimalist Meetups (Spanish)
Regular workshops on minimalism around Barcelona, 2015/2016
Proyecto 333 goes PechaKucha
PechaKucha, Barcelona – August 2011
Interested in hearing me speak at your conference or meetup? Get in touch and see if we are a good fit – in person or via video conference.